Dads have a way of sharing advice without saying a word. Such as this story we heard of a girl whose dad bought her a book on etiquette to pass a message to her. We would love to hear your stories of some of your Dad’s unspoken advice.
Nivea will celebrate the top responses by rewarding your Dad with NIVEA Men hamper!
NIVEA wants to celebrate dads this Father’s Day 2019. Get a NIVEA Men hamper which contains 5 NIVEA Men products.
Like the NIVEA Men Facebook page and tell us about your dad depending on the call to action for each post. Comment on the post of the NIVEA Page from which you’ve participated in and tag your friends.
1. Participants must be residents of Kenya to participate in the NIVEA Father’s Day Competition.
2. The Facebook competition shall run from Thursday 13thJune 2019 to Sunday 16th June 2019 at 11:59pm.
3. The competition is only open to participants with valid Facebook & Instagram accounts.
4. Employees of BEIERSDORF EAST AFRICA LIMITED and its associated companies are not eligible to enter the competition.
5. The competition will be conducted through the NIVEA East Africa Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/NIVEAEastAfrica/),
the NIVEA Instagram Page (https://www.instagram.com/nivea_ea/?hl=en)
And the NIVEA Men Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/NIVEAMENEastAfrica/?ref=bookmarks)
6. Participants must like our NIVEA Men Facebook page for their entries to be valid.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
7. Participants are to like the NIVEA Men Facebook Page.
8. Post a comment submitting a story of their father that is connected to the call to action for the respective post(s).
9.The comment with the most likes and most compelling story will win a NIVEA Men Hamper.
10. Competition will run from Thursday 13th June 2019 to Sunday 16th June 2019 11:59 pm.
11. Any submissions made after Sunday 16th June 2019, 11:59pm will not be eligible for consideration.
12. The selected entries may be used as the cover photo of our NIVEA Men Facebook page and for any other promotional material.
13. Winners will be required to provide details of their dad and/or the person they will provide the NIVEA Men hamper to.
These Mini Raspberry Cheesecakes are the perfect little bites of heaven especially when sitting on a base of your favourite #NuVita Mini Digestive Biscuits! Enjoy!
*MAKE SURE TO SHARE THIS VIDEO SO IT SAVES TO YOUR TIMELINE*
NuVita Mini Digestive Biscuits
400gms Cream Cheese
1/4 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
See video on how to prepare:
Here is a delicious #throwback and a super tasty meal to make this Ramadan! This Fish Biryani is perfect for dinner. Get ready to dig into some fantastic flavours! #DaawatRice
*MAKE SURE TO SHARE THIS VIDEO SO IT SAVES TO YOUR TIMELINE*
1 1/2 cups Daawat Basmati Rice, cooked
1 tilapia fish fillets
1/4 cup onion paste
1 tsp garlic paste
2 tsp ginger paste
1 tbsp chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tbsp natural yoghurt + 3/4 cup natural yoghurt
2 tbsp oil
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tbsp fried onions
Watch the video on how to prepare here:
3 Healthy After-school Snacks
It can be so easy for them to grab a bag of chips to snack on in the afternoon but, as research continues to show, simple carbohydrates aren't necessarily your kids' friends.
Yogurt is an easy, grab-and-go, nutritious snack that most kids find yummy. It's also a great source of calcium and vitamin D, and studies show eating it can boost a body's ability to build strong bones. While it's naturally packed with goodness, pay attention to the yogurt you buy -- avoid ingredients that you can't pronounce, artificial coloring and high-fructose corn syrup. Bring home organic, low-fat or non-fat varieties to keep this snack healthy. Add honey for sweetness, and have fresh fruit and dried fruits on hand for kids to add as toppers. Or whip up a yogurt smoothie that contains your child's favorite 100 percent pure fruit juice and fresh fruit.
2. Peanut Butter Sandwich
Peanut butter sandwiches are a long-standing snacking tradition, whether after school or as a Break snack in school. Peanut butter is rich in both protein and fiber, and when you make the sandwich on whole wheat (or another whole-grain bread) you also increase the high-fiber carbohydrates. And that's all good news for kids. Don't spoil little appetites, though. A half a sandwich will go a long way to satisfy after-school snack attacks.
3. Keep washed, snack-sized fruits and veggies on hand in the refrigerator along with dipping options. Use single-serving containers to pre-portion the amount that's served up -- and kids can easily serve themselves this way. And when you're shopping, ask the kids to help choose which fruits and veggies you buy -- if they picked them out, they're more likely to eat them.
What would you do with a cash prize of 200K?
Well Weetabix has come up with a fun way of involving your kid’s creativity for fun prizes.
To participate, submit your Weetabuddy creations on the Weetabix’s wall on Facebook, or on Instagram using the hashtag #FaceOfWeetabix .
The more times you post a unique Weetabuddy, the higher your chances of winning! The offer runs till end of June.
Weetabix East Africa Ltd locally manufactures East Africa’s leading Breakfast cereal, Weetabix under license from Weetabix Ltd UK. The company also markets its imported range of products which includes Weetaflakes, Alpen Muesli, Alpen Snack Bars, Weetabix Minis, Weetos, Fruit & Fibre, Branflakes and Oatibix.
The goal of the company is to be the leading Breakfast Cereal Manufacturer in Africa, producing high Quality Breakfast Cereal to not only meet, but surpass consumer’s expectations. Weetabix has a strong heritage having been in the local scene for more than 30 years. The Weetabix brand currently commands the largest market share in the country.
Weetabix offers many unique selling points, including:
A nutritious, instant and healthy breakfast, Rich in fibre;
Low in fat, sugar and calories,
Affordable for all market segments and
Available throughout the country.
Weetabix is available in five sizes, indicating the company’s desire to encourage all consumers irrespective of their income to eat a healthy breakfast. You will find the cereal in 37g, 112g, 225g, 450g and 900g across the supermarkets and even your neighbourhood shops. The brand has recently extended its horizons beyond the East African region.
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 cups Unga wa Dola Atta Mark 1 Flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, grated
- In a large bowl, mix together caster sugar, atta mark 1 flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder, ginger powder, nutmeg and salt.
- Pour the mixture into the dry ingredients and use a spatula to mix. Don’t over mix.
- Once combined, add the grated carrots and fold in with a spatula.
- Line a muffin tray with cake liners and scoop in the batter filling it 3/4 way up. Sprinkle some grated carrots on the top and lightly mix it in with a toothpick to prevent the exposed carrots from charring.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200C for 20 minutes. Cool completely before serving.
The East Africa Pastry Expo starts tomorrow!
The Expo, courtesy of Dairyland Products will be happening at Sarit Expo Hall beginning 16th May -to 18th May this year!!
You can go have a taste of the different pastry varieties available starting from 10am to 5pm.
Lot's of sampling of sauces, whipping cream and compound chocolate and more.
Entry is absolutely free!
Buy Elianto 5 litre can and get either free manicure or 500 bob off. This is an offer from Bidco Africa’s finest cooking oil.
The offer runs in Eldoret, Kisumu, Mombasa and Nairobi.
In a Facebook post promoting the offer, the company links this to Mother’s day celebrations and noted: “Let's make Mother’s day an everyday affair this month. Buy her Elianto 5 litres, get a guaranteed ksh 500 off pizza and enjoy it together.” It reads adding that T&C Apply.
To access the offer, one is expected visit http://www.elianto.rewardzpromo.com/ to activate the Unique Voucher Code (printed on the voucher) with basic details like Name, Mobile, No, Email ID.
Here is the procedure to follow
- Please choose one option from Free Manicure/Movie/Pizza
- You will receive the respective authentication code to give booking details for Free Manicure/Movie/Pizza on your mobile number and email
- On receipt of the authentication code, visit the respective site again to book/order your offer using this authentication code.
- For pizza and Movie, make the balance payment after deducting KSH 500/-
- You will receive your booking confirmation for Free Manicure/Movie/Pizza as per your booking details.
- The last day of registration is 15 th March 2019 and the last for redemption 15 th April 2019.
For Movies claims you are expected to redeem the Sh500 bob off of the tickets at the following outlets.
Movie Redeeming Points
Mama Ngina street CBD
Nakumatt Mega City Kisumu
Ngong road Junction mall
Ngong road Prestige plaza
Nyali road mombasa
Panari sky center Mombasa road
sarit centre westlands
Westgate mall westlands
Pizza redeeming points
Greenspan mall/ Donholm
Union towers (Moi Avenue)
Lusaka road/ DT Dobie
Belle Vue (Mombasa Road)
Forest Edge (Galleria Mall)
Milele road (Ngong)
Parklands (Limuru Road)
Thika Road Mall (TRM)
Ridgeways (Kiambu Road)
Thika Bazaar (Thika Town)
Two rivers Mall
3⁄4 cup Home baking Flour
1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
2⁄3 cup milk
2 tablespoons cooking oil
Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, and cooking oil.
Add milk mixture to the dry ingredients, and whisk until well blended.
Let stand for about 10 minutes. Preheat ungreased, non-stick frying pan to medium heat.
Pour batter by spoonfuls onto the hot pan.
Pancakes are ready to be turned over when the edges are no longer glossy, and the bubbles that pop stay open.
To check the second side for doneness, you just have to lift an edge of the pancake up with a spatula and take a peek.
The story of Dairyland starts in 1979 with a small ice cream company along Pemba Street, Nairobi. It comprised a basic ice cream manufacturing plant, a very small office and two distribution vans. In those days the challenges of running an ice cream factory were many: a staff of just twenty people at the time, limited technology and storage space, difficulty in differentiating brands due to limited packaging options and limited market access both in Nairobi and upcountry.
In spite of these challenges, the brand has more than survived; it has thrived. The Dairyland team has been, and still is, at the fore-front of innovation and exceptional service delivery, which has propelled the company to becoming the leaders in the ice cream sector in East Africa. Over the years, the brand has innovated some of the most delicious ice cream flavors presented in attractive and eye catching packaging and Dairyland’s vision of having the widest range of quality ice cream has been realised.
The company has also experienced unprecedented growth, acquiring larger, more modern machinery; more skilled staff; extra office space, equipment and systems. At present, it has over 250 employees and a fleet of over 30 refrigerated vehicles to service the whole of East African region.
More over, the brand Dairyland has expanded to include chocolate by the name Chocolart. This therapeutic, guilt free indulgence comes in six flavours that are beautifully wrapped in a package inspired by art. Chocolart provides a sweet momentary escape from the hustle and bustle of daily life and is packed in 20gms, 50gms and 90gms