- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 cups Unga wa Dola Atta Mark 1 Flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, grated
- In a large bowl, mix together caster sugar, atta mark 1 flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder, ginger powder, nutmeg and salt.
- Pour the mixture into the dry ingredients and use a spatula to mix. Don’t over mix.
- Once combined, add the grated carrots and fold in with a spatula.
- Line a muffin tray with cake liners and scoop in the batter filling it 3/4 way up. Sprinkle some grated carrots on the top and lightly mix it in with a toothpick to prevent the exposed carrots from charring.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200C for 20 minutes. Cool completely before serving.